Your feedback really does make a difference to how we deliver our services.
We get lots of feedback and ideas for how we can improve our services - from surveys, consultations, focus groups, Facebook comments, complaints and of course conversations with our housing, maintenance or customer care teams.
We really appreciate your time and listed below are some of the recent improvements we have made by listening to your views.
- We want more scheme visits
- Nothing changes
- Nothing changes, so what's the point
- Take time to listen to tenants and seriously listen to what they are saying
- We've increased resource in our housing team so our housing officers have more time
- We've increased resource in our maintenance team, and now have a dedicated surveyor for planned works and a dedicated surveyor for compliance and asset management.
- We encourage residents to be 'involved' - to have their say and share ideas - and provide feedback from what they've told us
- We have a new complaints process and always aim for a quick resolution
- We have adopted the Together with Tenant charter, and will be asking for your views on this soon
- We have introduced a Your Idea Matters scheme
- We want a complaints form
- There should be a form for tenants if they want to make a complaint
- We introduced a new online complaints form in April 2021 to make it easy if you'd like to make a complaint
- We'd like more benefits support
- I'd like more individual support from my housing officer about benefits
- Shared owners need more information
- Information for shared owners is not easy to find. The lease you’re given when you buy is ambiguous and the staff at times are not knowledgeable. A pack should be given to new buyer and updates sent out to each homeowner so they know what they are responsible for.
- We've introduced a new online shared owner handbook. This contains information about responsibilities, buying more shares, alterations etc. We decided to do an online version, rather than printed, so it's always up-to-date.
- We introduced a shared owner newsletter; the articles and information included is tailored to shared owners
- We introduced a new shared owner email address, which goes directly to housing team: firstname.lastname@example.org You can use it send queries about anything related to your home or lease
- Shared owners are invited, and encouraged, to get involved and help shape our services
...and we're doing
- We're reviewing our moving in process for shared owners
- Contractor appointments
- Contractors often don't give much notice of appointments and sometimes don't turn up at all
- We have introduced daily meetings with our gas contractor and weekly meetings with our day-to-day contractor to manage issues and complaints