We all struggle with our mental health at times and may need support. There's lots of help available.
We all struggle with our mental health at times and may need support. Talking it through can help and it’s important that you know you are not alone.
Below are lots of support services, many are open all day, every day.
- Samaritans - free 24-hour listening support
When life is tough, Samaritans are there to listen at any time of the day or night. You can talk to them about anything that's troubling you, no matter how difficult.
They’re available to 24/7, every single day of the year.
- Shout 85258 – free 24-hour crisis text support service
Shout 85258 is a free, confidential 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone in the UK. It’s a place to go if you’re struggling to cope.
It offers crisis text support for times when you need immediate assistance. They can help with issues including:
- Panic attacks
- Suicidal thoughts
- Relationship problems
Text "SHOUT" to 85258 to get started
- Mind helpline – mental health support
Mind’s Infoline advisors provide information on a range of topics including:
- types of mental health problems
- where to get help and support in your local area
- medication and alternative treatments and advocacy
The Helpline is open 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except for bank holidays).
Infoline: 0300 123 3393
- Silver Line – free 24-hour telephone befriending for older people
Silver Line is a confidential, free helpline for older people over 55. It’s open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days of the year.
People call just for a chat, to say Good Night or Good Morning to someone, or talk how their day was. Others call for information, to seek advice about something, or share a concern or worry.
Their specially trained helpline team can:
• offer conversation and friendship
• provide information and advice
• link callers to local groups and services.
• refer people on to receive regular friendship calls.
• protect and support older people who are suffering abuse and neglect
Call anytime on 0800 4 70 80 90.
Find out more at: www.thesilverline.org.uk
Support in Northamptonshire
- Are you an adult in Northamptonshire with a long-term health condition?
If you’re an adult in Northamptonshire with a long-term health condition, and you want more out of life, Spring may be able to help.
Spring is a community-driven support network, helping people manage
their health and wellbeing. Because everyone has a right to a full life.
To find out more, please get in touch with Spring - you can also complete a self-referral form on their website: